Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
- Certified organic and non-GMO
- Made from fresh coconuts, not dried copra
- Cold-processed under 104 degree’s
- Pressed within two hours of chopping
- Unrefined and unfermented **
- Unbleached, undeodorized, unhydrogenated
- Pure white like fresh coconut, tastes like fresh coconut, and has fresh coconut fragrance
Enjoy this healthy fat with the creamy taste of the tropics. Why is it that baby formulas often include coconut oil as an ingredient? Because coconut is one of the most healthy super foods in the world. Ideal as a high-heat cooking oil, a healthy substitute for shortening in baking, and a “better-than-butter” replacement on bread and veggies.
Not all saturated fat is bad! Coconut oil is cholesterol- and trans fat-free and rich in medium-chain “good fats” that doctors recommend. We suggest three tablespoons of virgin coconut oil a day. Taste the difference between Nutiva’s Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, with its light taste, pleasant aroma, and pure white color, and industrialized coconut oil with its bland taste, faint aroma, and off-white color.
Coconut oil can also be used as a health and beauty product. It’s great as a body lotion, face cleanser, make-up remover, hair softener, and laxative. Keep one jar in the kitchen and one jar in the bathroom.
** Fermentation involves heat, and calls for more than 10 hours between chopping the coconut and pressing the oil, adversely affecting flavor.