Yummy Hummus With doTERRA Essential Oils
I’ve been asked to share some of my recipes that I make using doTERRA oils. This recipe for hummus flavoured with doTERRA essential oils is amazing. I often serve it at essential oil classes and other social gatherings, and it goes down a treat!
The recipe is really, really simple, and the oils I use – cumin oil, lemon oil, lime oil and either black or pink pepper oil – give it a really nice, well rounded flavour.
My doTERRA Hummus Recipe
- 1 can chick peas
- 2 tbspn olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic (optional)
- 2 drops lemon oil
- 1 drop lime oil
- 1 drop cumin oil
- 2 drops pink or black pepper oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
The How To
- Place chickpeas, olive oil and lemon juice in your blender or food processor.
- Peel and crush garlic and then add that to blender or food processor also.
- Add essential oils, salt and pepper. Make sure you add enough salt. This brings out the flavours of everything else and without enough salt, your hummus will be bland. (Add then taste. Add then taste until it’s good).
- Blend until smooth.
If it is a bit dry, add more olive oil or some water until the consistency is good.
Note: I use and recommend ONLY doTERRA essential oils. Please do not use other brands of essential oils internally. Many essential oils are NOT pure and may contain dangerous ingredients or additives. Many of the doTERRA essential oils are approved for internal use and for food flavouring. They are CPTG and go through many layers of testing to ensure both purity and potency and I believe they are the best essential oils available.