My Super Natural Bliss Balls Recipe
No. These bliss balls aren’t ‘super natural’ in the spooky sense. But they are super! And they are all natural! This Bliss Balls recipe is full of lots of super foods to help keep you super healthy and they’re super yummy. So they’re a quick and easy way to satisfy that sweet tooth or chocolate craving in a super healthy way…
- 1 cup hazelnut meal (almond meal would also work)
- 1/2 cup hemp flour
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1/4 cup chia seed
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 handfuls of currents
- 1/4 cup cashews roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut (approx)
The how to:
- Place all ingredients except the cashews and desiccated coconut to a blender or food processor and process until mixture is well combined. (You’ll need a powerful blender to do the job here. A super powerful Vitamix blender will do the job perfectly!)
- Add cashews and mix just enough to mix the cashew pieces through the mixture.
- Roll the mixture into small balls using your hands.
- Roll each ball in the desiccated coconut until covered.
- Place balls on a plate or dish and place in the refrigerator to set.
Why The Ingredients In This Bliss Balls Recipe Are So Awesome
Hemp is a nutritional powerhouse. Hemp flour is made from hemp seed and does not contain THC (may be trace amounts but not that you’re going to notice). Hemp is rich in essential fatty acids and is rich in many vitamins and minerals. Hemp is considered by many to be one of the most powerful superfoods on the planet. Hemp seed may be of benefit in heart disease and high blood pressure.
Like hemp seed, chia seed has an amazing nutritional profile. It is a complete protein, high in essential fatty acids and contains a perfect ratio of omega 3 to omega 6. Chia seed has been eaten by mankind for thousands of years.
Coconut oil has so many benefits for health and potential uses, that it is beyond the scope of this post. It can be added to the diet and used in place of pretty much any other oil or fat – for cooking, baking, to spread on toast, or for making dressings to mention a few. Coconut oil can be used externally on the skin and hair, to treat fungal infections internally and externally or for oil pulling to improve dental health.
Coconut oil is is good for the thyroid, helps speed up the metabolism and can turn back time (and symptoms) in cases of Alzheimers or dementia. I came across this report about coconut oil recently. It contains a massive amount of information and is well worth reading.
P.S. Even though these bliss balls are full of healthy fare, they are high in natural sugars and carbs. If you’re looking for sweets or desserts that are lower in sugars take a look at the Guilt Free Desserts recipe book. It’s full of amazing recipes that contain NO sugar and they’re gluten free, grain free and low carb.