Yummy Zucchini Pie Recipe
I have to say that this is one of my favourite zucchini recipes. I made it for dinner last night after not having had it for ages, and as usual, wondered why we’d forgotten about it for so long.
It’s simple to make and really tasty!
- 6 large eggs (organic/free range)
- 2 rashers bacon
- 1 large or 2 small zucchinis
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 red capsicum
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion
- Parmeson or cheddar cheese (optional)
The how to:
- Finely chop the onion and capsicum.
- Grate the zucchini and carrot.
- Combine the veggies in a large bowl.
- Roughly chop the bacon and add it to the veggies.
- Season the veggies with salt and pepper and add the cayenne.
- Whisk the eggs and add to the vegetable and bacon mixture. Combine well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow baking dish. Smooth the top and flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Cover the top with grated cheese (optional).
- Bake in a moderate oven (180C) for approx one hour. Check to see if cooked by making an incision in the center. If egg is still runny, cook for a few minutes longer checking regularly.
Slice and serve with a fresh garden salad and a thick slice of Paleo Pullman bread.
Serves 2 hungry adults.
Tip: Double the mixture and make enough to go back for seconds. You might need it and if you don’t this is awesome reheated for lunch the next day!